Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
MERIT40 Antibody #9500
|9500S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9500||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
MERIT40 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total MERIT40 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human MERIT40 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The breast cancer susceptibility gene, BRCA1, codes for an E3 ubiquitin ligase that functions in the maintenance of genome stability through regulation of DNA damage response and DNA repair. BRCA1 forms at least three distinct complexes (BRCA1 A, B, and C) with other DNA repair proteins, and these interactions are vital for the regulation of BRCA1 function. The BRCA1-Rap80 complex (BRCA1 A complex), including Rap80, BRCC36, BRCC45, Abraxas, and MERIT40/NBA1, functions in G2/M phase checkpoint control (reviewed in 1,2).
MERIT40/NBA1 localizes to sites of DNA damage and is required for the appropriate localization of BRCA1 in response to ionizing radiation, as well as maintenance of the BRCA1 A complex (3,4). Proteomics studies have identified Ser29 as a phosphorylated site on MERIT40/NBA1, and the significance of this phosphorylation is under investigation (5-9).
- Ohta, T. et al. (2011) FEBS Lett 585, 2836-44.
- Huen, M.S. et al. (2010) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 11, 138-48.
- Wang, B. et al. (2009) Genes Dev 23, 729-39.
- Shao, G. et al. (2009) Genes Dev 23, 740-54.
- Moritz, A. et al. (2010) Sci Signal 3, ra64.
- Rigbolt, K.T. et al. (2011) Sci Signal 4, rs3.
- Iliuk, A.B. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Proteomics 9, 2162-72.
- Wu, F. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Proteomics 9, 1616-32.
- Mayya, V. et al. (2009) Sci Signal 2, ra46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9025 BRCA1 (D54A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9009 Phospho-BRCA1 (Ser1524) Antibody
- 9201 CtIP (D76F7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.