Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp330) Antibody (Human Specific) #9501
|W IP||H||Endogenous||37 kDa||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp330) Antibody (Human Specific) detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (37 kDa with prodomain/17 kDa) of caspase-9 following cleavage at aspartic acid 330. The antibody does not recognize the uncleaved procaspase-9.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino terminus residues surrounding to Asp330 of human caspase-9. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-9 (ICE-LAP6, Mch6) is an important member of the cysteine aspartic acid protease (caspase) family (1,2). Upon apoptotic stimulation, cytochrome c released from mitochondria associates with the 47 kDa procaspase-9/Apaf 1. Apaf-1 mediated activation of caspase-9 involves instrinsic proteolytic processing resulting in cleavage at Asp315 and producing a p35 subunit. Another cleavage occurs at Asp330 producing a p37 subunit that can serve to amplify the apoptotic response (3-6). Cleaved caspase-9 further processes other caspase members, including caspase-3 and caspase-7, to initiate a caspase cascade, which leads to apoptosis (7-10).
- Duan, H. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 16720-16724.
- Srinivasula, S. M. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 27099-27106.
- Liu, X. et al. (1996) Cell 86, 147-157.
- Li, P. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 479-489.
- Zou, H. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 11549-11556.
- Srinivasula, S.M. et al. (1998) Mol Cell 1, 949-57.
- Deveraux, Q. L. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 2215-2223.
- Slee, E. A. et al. (1999) J. Cell Biol. 144, 281-292.
- Sun, X. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 5053-5060.
- MacFarlane, M. et al. (1997) J. Cell Biol. 137, 469-479.
- Li, J. et al. (2000) Cyclic nucleotides suppress tumor necrosis factor alpha-mediated apoptosis by inhibiting caspase activation and cytochrome c release in primary hepatocytes via a mechanism independent of Akt activation. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 13026-13034. Applications: Western Blotting
- Thome, C.H. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Proteomics , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9502 Caspase-9 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9504 Caspase-9 Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 9505 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp315) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9506 Caspase-9 Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 9507 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp353) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.