Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
cdc25B Antibody #9525
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||62||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
cdc25B Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total cdc25B protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxy terminus of human cdc25B. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cdc25 is a protein phosphatase responsible for dephosphorylating and activating cdc2, a crucial step in regulating the entry of all eukaryotic cells into mitosis (1). cdc25C is constitutively phosphorylated at Ser216 throughout interphase by c-TAK1, while phosphorylation at this site is DNA damage-dependent at the G2/M checkpoint (2). When phosphorylated at Ser216, cdc25C binds to members of the 14-3-3 family of proteins, sequestering cdc25C in the cytoplasm and thereby preventing premature mitosis (3). The checkpoint kinases Chk1 and Chk2 phosphorylate cdc25C at Ser216 in response to DNA damage (4,5).
The major 14-3-3 binding sites of cdc25B are Ser309 and Ser361, both of which can be phosphorylated by p38 in response to ultraviolet radiation (6).
- Jessus, C. and Ozon, R. (1995) Prog. Cell Cycle Res. 1, 215-228.
- Peng, C.Y. et al. (1997) Science 277, 1501-1505.
- Kumagai, A. and Dunphy, W.G. (1999) Genes Dev. 13, 1067-1072.
- Blasina, A. et al. (1999) Curr. Biol. 9, 1-10.
- Furnari, B. et al. (1999) Mol. Biol. Cell 10, 833-845.
- Bulavin, D.V. et al. (2001) Nature 411, 102-7.
- Guo, J. et al. (2004) Expression and functional significance of CDC25B in human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Oncogene 23, 71-81. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9111 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody
- 9527 Phospho-cdc25C (Thr48) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.