Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) Antibody #9528
|9528S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9528||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) Antibody detects endogenous levels of cdc25C only when phosphorylated at Ser216.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser216 of human cdc25C. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of wild type GST-cdc25C and mutant GST-cdc25C Ser216Ala fusion proteins, untreated or phosphorylated by Chk2, using Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of GST-cdc25C phosphorylated by cdc2/cyclin B (New England Biolabs #P6020), Chk2 or both kinases, using Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) Antibody (upper) or Phospho-cdc25C (Ser214) antibody (lower).
Western Blot analysis of HT29 cells, untreated, nocodazole-treated, and lambda phosphotase-treated, using Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) antibody (upper), and cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb, #4688, (lower).
Cdc25 is a protein phosphatase responsible for dephosphorylating and activating cdc2, a crucial step in regulating the entry of all eukaryotic cells into mitosis (1). cdc25C is constitutively phosphorylated at Ser216 throughout interphase by c-TAK1, while phosphorylation at this site is DNA damage-dependent at the G2/M checkpoint (2). When phosphorylated at Ser216, cdc25C binds to members of the 14-3-3 family of proteins, sequestering cdc25C in the cytoplasm and thereby preventing premature mitosis (3). The checkpoint kinases Chk1 and Chk2 phosphorylate cdc25C at Ser216 in response to DNA damage (4,5).
- Tan, M. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell 9, 993-1004. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Bulavin, D.V. et al. (2001) Nature 411, 102-7. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hirose, Y. et al. (2001) Cancer Res. 61, 5843-5849. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Margolis, S. S. et al. (2003) EMBO J. 22, 5734-5745. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Harvey, S. et al. (2001) Clin. Cancer Res. 7, 320-330. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Bartucci, M. et al. (2011) Cell Death Differ , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2341 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) Antibody
- 2661 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
- 9527 Phospho-cdc25C (Thr48) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4901 Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) (63F9) Rabbit mAb
- 4688 cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb
- 9529 Phospho-cdc25C (Ser198) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.