Product Pathways - Adhesion
Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) Antibody #9534
|9534S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9534||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) Antibody detects endogenous β-catenin only when acetylated at Lys49.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic acetylated peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys49 of human β-catenin. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
Lys49 lies in a region that contains several Ser/Thr residues whose phosphorylation status regulates the stability of β-catenin and is one of few residues frequently mutated in thyroid anaplastic carcinoma (9). CBP (CREB-binding protein) binds and acetylates β-catenin at Lys49 (10, 11).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
- Polakis, P. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 1837-5181.
- Takemaru, K.I. and Moon, R.T. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 149, 249-254.
- Wolf, D. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 25562-25567.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.