Product Pathways - Apoptosis
PDCD4 (D29C6) XP® Rabbit mAb #9535
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||60||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PDCD4 (D29C6) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PDCD4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human PDCD4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using PDCD4 (D29C6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using PDCD4 (D29C6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human tonsil using PDCD4 (D29C6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
PDCD4 (programmed cell death protein 4) was identified as a suppressor of neoplastic transformation (1). It interacts with eukaryotic initiation factors eIF4AI and eIF4AII (2). PDCD4 colocalizes with eIF4A in the cytoplasm and inhibits the activity of eIF4A as an ATP-dependent RNA helicase (2). PDCD4 inhibits cap-dependent translation (2). Upon stimulation by mitogens, PDCD4 is phosphorylated on Ser67 by S6K1 kinase and then degraded through the ubiquitin pathway leading to enhanced translation and cell growth (3).
- Cmarik, J.L. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 14037-42.
- Yang, H.S. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 26-37.
- Dorrello, N.V. et al. (2006) Science 314, 467-71.
- Yen, W.C. et al. (2012) Clin Cancer Res 18, 5374-86. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2013 eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.