Product Pathways - Metabolism
Enolase-2 Antibody #9536
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Enolase-2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total enolase-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human enolase-2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Enolase is a glycolytic enzyme that is involved in the conversion of 2-phosphoglycerate to phosphoenolpyruvate (1). Mammalian enolase has three subunits: α, β, and γ, that can form homo and heterodimers. Homodimers of γ enolase are neuronal-specific (2). Research studies have shown elevated levels of neuro-specific enolase-2 in neuroblastoma (2) and small-cell lung cancer (3,4).
- Van Obberghen, E. et al. (1988) J Neurosci Res 19, 450-6.
- Pancholi, V. (2001) Cell Mol Life Sci 58, 902-20.
- Stern, P. et al. (2007) Tumour Biol 28, 84-92.
- O'Shea, P. et al. (1995) Ir J Med Sci 164, 31-6.
- Muller, F.L. et al. (2012) Nature 488, 337-42. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 3205 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase (C54G1) Rabbit mAb
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3893 Glycogen Synthase Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.