Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Human Specific) #9541
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Human Specific) detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (89 kDa) of human PARP1 produced by caspase cleavage. The antibody does not recognize full length PARP1 or other PARP isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues surrounding Asp214 in human PARP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
PARP, a 116 kDa nuclear poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase, appears to be involved in DNA repair in response to environmental stress (1). This protein can be cleaved by many ICE-like caspases in vitro (2,3) and is one of the main cleavage targets of caspase-3 in vivo (4,5). In human PARP, the cleavage occurs between Asp214 and Gly215, which separates the PARP amino-terminal DNA binding domain (24 kDa) from the carboxy-terminal catalytic domain (89 kDa) (2,4). PARP helps cells to maintain their viability; cleavage of PARP facilitates cellular disassembly and serves as a marker of cells undergoing apoptosis (6).
(This product is sold under license from Promega Corp., U.S. Patent No. 6,350,452.)
- Satoh, M.S. and Lindahl, T. (1992) Nature 356, 356-358.
- Lazebnik, Y. A. et al. (1994) Nature 371, 346-347.
- Cohen, G.M. (1997) Biochem. J. 326, 1-16.
- Nicholson, D. W. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 37-43.
- Tewari, M. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 801-809.
- Oliver, F.J. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 33533-33539.
- Brunet, A. et al. (2001) Protein kinase SGK mediates survival signals by phosphorylating the Forkhead transcription factor FKHRL1 (FOXO3a). Mol. Cell. Biol. 21, 952-965. Applications: Western Blotting
- Bhakar, A. L. et al. (2003) Apoptosis induced by p75NTR overexpression requires Jun kinase-dependent phosphorylation of Bad. J. Neurosci. 23, 11373-11381. Applications: Western Blotting
- Jiang, C. et al. (2001) Caspases as key executors of methyl selenium-induced apoptosis (anoikis) of DU-145 prostate cancer cells. Cancer Res. 61, 3062-3070. Applications: Western Blotting
- Thome, C.H. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Proteomics , . Applications: Western Blotting
- van Raam, B.J. et al. (2012) Cell Death Differ , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9542 PARP Antibody
- 9544 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 9545 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 9546 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (19F4) Mouse mAb (Human Specific)
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.