Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (19F4) Mouse mAb (Human Specific) #9546
|9546L||600 µl (120 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9546S||200 µl (40 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9546||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (19F4) Mouse mAb (Human Specific) detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (89 kDa) of human PARP1 resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 214. This antibody will detect high levels of full length PARP.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic PARP peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues surrounding Asp214 in human PARP.
PARP, a 116 kDa nuclear poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase, appears to be involved in DNA repair in response to environmental stress (1). This protein can be cleaved by many ICE-like caspases in vitro (2,3) and is one of the main cleavage targets of caspase-3 in vivo (4,5). In human PARP, the cleavage occurs between Asp214 and Gly215, which separates the PARP amino-terminal DNA binding domain (24 kDa) from the carboxy-terminal catalytic domain (89 kDa) (2,4). PARP helps cells to maintain their viability; cleavage of PARP facilitates cellular disassembly and serves as a marker of cells undergoing apoptosis (6).
(This product is sold under license from Promega Corp., U.S. Patent No. 6,350,452.)
- Satoh, M.S. and Lindahl, T. (1992) Nature 356, 356-358.
- Lazebnik, Y. A. et al. (1994) Nature 371, 346-347.
- Cohen, G.M. (1997) Biochem. J. 326, 1-16.
- Nicholson, D. W. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 37-43.
- Tewari, M. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 801-809.
- Oliver, F.J. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 33533-33539.
- Jane, E.P. et al. (2011) Mol Cancer Ther 10, 198-208. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9541 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9542 PARP Antibody
- 9544 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 9545 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.