Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
cdc25C Antibody Sampler Kit #9555
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Phospho-cdc25C (Thr48) Antibody #9527||40 µl||W||H||75||Rabbit|
|Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) (63F9) Rabbit mAb #4901||40 µl||W IP IHC-P||H Mk||60||Rabbit IgG|
|cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb #4688||40 µl||W||H||60, 75||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in the cdc25C Antibody Sampler Kit detects endogenous levels of its respective target protein and does not cross-react with other family members.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, 293 and K-562 cells using cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb #4688.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 cells, untreated, nocodazole-treated or λ phosphatase-treated, using Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) Rabbit mAb #4901 (upper) and cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb #4688 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 cells, untreated, nocodazole-treated or λ phosphatase-treated, using Phospho-cdc25C (Thr48) #9527 (upper) and cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb #4688 (lower).
The cdc25C Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means to investigate the entry of eukaryotic cells into mitosis. The kit contains enough primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blots with each antibody.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full-length cdc25C protein or by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser216 of human cdc25C. Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr48 of human cdc25C. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cdc25 is a protein phosphatase responsible for dephosphorylating and activating cdc2, a crucial step in regulating the entry of all eukaryotic cells into mitosis (1). cdc25C is constitutively phosphorylated at Ser216 throughout interphase by c-TAK1, while phosphorylation at this site is DNA damage-dependent at the G2/M checkpoint (2). When phosphorylated at Ser216, cdc25C binds to members of the 14-3-3 family of proteins, sequestering cdc25C in the cytoplasm and thereby preventing premature mitosis (3). The checkpoint kinases Chk1 and Chk2 phosphorylate cdc25C at Ser216 in response to DNA damage (4,5).
Full activation of cdc25C involves phosphorylation at more than 12 different sites by cdc2/cyclin B and Polo-like kinase, and the activity of Pin1, a peptidyl-prolyl isomerase (PPI) (6,7). Pin1 contains a WW domain that binds phospho-Ser/Thr-Pro sites and a catalytic PPI region that induces a cis/trans isomerization on phospho-Ser/Thr-Pro bonds (8). Thr48 and Thr67 of cdc25C interact directly with the WW domain of Pin1 when these sites are phosphorylated (9). Thr48 phosphorylation also mediates binding to CKS/p13SUC1 (10).
- Jessus, C. and Ozon, R. (1995) Prog. Cell Cycle Res. 1, 215-228.
- Peng, C.Y. et al. (1997) Science 277, 1501-1505.
- Kumagai, A. and Dunphy, W.G. (1999) Genes Dev. 13, 1067-1072.
- Blasina, A. et al. (1999) Curr. Biol. 9, 1-10.
- Furnari, B. et al. (1999) Mol. Biol. Cell 10, 833-845.
- Izumi, T. and Maller, J.L. (1993) Mol Biol Cell 4, 1337-50.
- Stukenberg, P.T. and Kirschner, M.W. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 1071-83.
- Yaffe, M.B. et al. (1997) Science 278, 1957-60.
- Lu, P.J. et al. (1999) Science 283, 1325-8.
- Landrieu, I. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 1434-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4688 cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb
- 4901 Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) (63F9) Rabbit mAb
- 9527 Phospho-cdc25C (Thr48) Antibody
- 9525 cdc25B Antibody
- 9528 Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) Antibody
- 3652 cdc25A Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2341 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) Antibody
- 2661 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
- 2348 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) (133D3) Rabbit mAb
- 2197 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb
- 9111 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody
Rabbit monoclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063 and U.S.S.N. 11/476,277) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.