Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
PTEN (26H9) Mouse mAb #9556
|9556S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9556||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey||Endogenous||54||Mouse IgG2b|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
PTEN (26H9) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of PTEN protein. The antibody does not cross-react with related proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal sequence of human PTEN.
PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome ten), also referred to as MMAC (mutated in multiple advanced cancers) phosphatase, is a tumor suppressor implicated in a wide variety of human cancers (1). PTEN encodes a 403 amino acid polypeptide originally described as a dual-specificity protein phosphatase (2). The main substrates of PTEN are inositol phospholipids generated by the activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) (3). PTEN is a major negative regulator of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway (1,4,5). PTEN possesses a carboxy-terminal, noncatalytic regulatory domain with three phosphorylation sites (Ser380, Thr382, and Thr383) that regulate PTEN stability and may affect its biological activity (6,7). PTEN regulates p53 protein levels and activity (8) and is involved in G protein-coupled signaling during chemotaxis (9,10).
- Cantley, L.C. and Neel, B.G. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 4240-5.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 9052-7.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 13513-8.
- Wan, X. and Helman, L.J. (2003) Oncogene 22, 8205-11.
- Wu, X. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 15587-91.
- Vazquez, F. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5010-8.
- Torres, J. and Pulido, R. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 993-8.
- Freeman, D.J. et al. (2003) Cancer Cell 3, 117-30.
- Funamoto, S. et al. (2002) Cell 109, 611-23.
- Iijima, M. and Devreotes, P. (2002) Cell 109, 599-610.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9551 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380) Antibody
- 9552 PTEN Antibody
- 9554 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/383) Antibody
- 9549 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/383) (44A7) Rabbit mAb
- 9559 PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.