Product Pathways - Development
β-Catenin Antibody #9562
|9562L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9562S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9562||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||92||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Zebrafish.
Specificity / Sensitivity
β-Catenin Antibody detects endogenous levels total of β-catenin. This antibody does cross-react with endogenous levels of γ-catenin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues around Ser37 of human β-catenin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293, HeLa, NIH/3T3 and C6 cells using β-Catenin Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using beta-Catenin Antibody.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HCT116 cells and either 10 μl of β-Catenin Antibody or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using using SimpleChIP® Human Axin2 Intron 1 Primers #8973, SimpleChIP® Human CaMK2D Intron 3 Primers #5111, human c-Myc promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
- Zhao, J.X. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 16426-34. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Veronese, A. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 4840-5. Applications: Western Blotting, IP.
- Bone, H.K. et al. (2011) J Cell Sci 124, 1992-2000. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9534 Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.