Product Pathways - Development
Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody #9565
|W||H M Mk (Dg) (Pg)||Endogenous||92||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody detects endogenous levels of beta-catenin only when phosphorylated at Thr41 or Ser45. This antibody does not recognize β-catenin phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr41 and Ser45 of human β-catenin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells pretreated with 20 mM LiCl for 30 minutes and then with 50 nM calyculin A, using Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody (upper) or β-Catenin Antibody #9562 (lower).
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Axin-mediated CKI phosphorylation of Beta-catenin at Ser 45: a molecular switch for the Wnt pathway. Genes and Development 16, 1066-1076. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.