Product Pathways - Development
Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody #9567
|9567S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9567||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Chicken, Xenopus, Zebrafish.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody detects endogenous levels of β-catenin only when phosphorylated at Ser675.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser675 of human β-catenin. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-N-MC cells, treated with forskolin (FSK) for 30 minutes or λ phosphatase for 1 hour, using Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody (upper) or β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen) #9581 (lower).
COS-7 cells were transfected with cDNA encoding DYKDDDDK-tagged wild type (WT) β-catenin or Ser-to-Ala β-catenin mutants as indicated. Cells were stimulated with 10 mM forskolin (FSK) for 5 minutes and lysed. β-catenin or its mutants were immunoprecipitated with DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) #2368 and analyzed by western blotting using Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) Antibody #9566, Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody or DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody as indicated (Figures provided by Drs. Sebastien Taurin and Nickolai Dulin, Department of Medicine/Pulmonary, University of Chicago).
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
PKA was shown to phosphorylate β-catenin at Ser675. Phosphorylation at Ser675 induces β-catenin accumulation in the nucleus and increases its transcriptional activity (9,10).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
- Taurin, S. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 9971-9976.
- Hino, S. et al. (2005) Mol. Cell Biol. 25, 9063-9072.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 9566 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) Antibody
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Anti-FLAG® is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Biotechnology.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.