Product Pathways - Metabolism
NHERF2 (D3A5) Rabbit mAb #9568
|W IP||H||Endogenous||46||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NHERF2 (D3A5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NHERF2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human NHERF2 protein.
Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor 2 (NHERF2) is one of four proteins in the NHERF protein family. It is closely related to NHERF1 and, like NHERF1, contains two PDZ domains and a C-terminal ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) binding domain (EBD). Along with the other members of this protein family, NHERF2 is abundantly present in the mammalian small intestine and colon where it plays a central role in trafficking, membrane retention, dimerization, and regulation of ion channels and membrane proteins (1). NHERF2 is a scaffolding protein that recruits membrane proteins to the apical membrane by tethering them to the apical cytoskeleton via its ERM domain (2). It has been shown that the NHERF proteins bind to the Na+/H+ exchanger 3 (NHE3) in the brush border of intestinal epithelial cells. NHE3 accounts for the majority of neutral NaCl absorbtion and NHERF proteins play an essential role in NHE3 regulation (3).
- Martinez, E. et al. (2010) Cell Microbiol 12, 1718-31.
- Enyedi, A. and Strehler, E.E. (2011) Commun Integr Biol 4, 340-3.
- Sarker, R. et al. (2011) Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 300, C771-82.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3394 NHERF1 (A310) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.