Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) Antibody #9569
|W IP||M R (H)||Endogenous||54||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) Antibody detects endogenous levels of PTEN only when dephosphorylated at Ser380, Thr382 and Thr383.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser380/Thr382/Thr383 of human PTEN. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, λ phosphatase- or PDGF-treated, using Non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) Antibody (upper) or PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb #9559 (lower). The non-phospho-specificity of the antibody was verified by preincubating the antibody with no peptide, with PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) non-phosphopeptide or with PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) phosphopeptide prior to incubating the membrane.
Non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) Antibody specificity was determined by peptide ELISA. The graphs depict the binding of the various dilutions of the antibody (1:250, 1:500, 1:1000, 0) to pre-coated tri-non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) peptide, tri-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) peptide, phospho PTEN (Ser380) peptide, phospho PTEN (Thr382) peptide, and phospho PTEN (Thr383) peptide.
PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome ten), also referred to as MMAC (mutated in multiple advanced cancers) phosphatase, is a tumor suppressor implicated in a wide variety of human cancers (1). PTEN encodes a 403 amino acid polypeptide originally described as a dual-specificity protein phosphatase (2). The main substrates of PTEN are inositol phospholipids generated by the activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) (3). PTEN is a major negative regulator of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway (1,4,5). PTEN possesses a carboxy-terminal, noncatalytic regulatory domain with three phosphorylation sites (Ser380, Thr382, and Thr383) that regulate PTEN stability and may affect its biological activity (6,7). PTEN regulates p53 protein levels and activity (8) and is involved in G protein-coupled signaling during chemotaxis (9,10).
- Cantley, L.C. and Neel, B.G. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 4240-5.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 9052-7.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 13513-8.
- Wan, X. and Helman, L.J. (2003) Oncogene 22, 8205-11.
- Wu, X. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 15587-91.
- Vazquez, F. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5010-8.
- Torres, J. and Pulido, R. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 993-8.
- Freeman, D.J. et al. (2003) Cancer Cell 3, 117-30.
- Funamoto, S. et al. (2002) Cell 109, 611-23.
- Iijima, M. and Devreotes, P. (2002) Cell 109, 599-610.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9549 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/383) (44A7) Rabbit mAb
- 9559 PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4257 PI3 Kinase p85 (19H8) Rabbit mAb
- 4249 PI3 Kinase p110α (C73F8) Rabbit mAb
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.