Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) (C9C3) Rabbit mAb #9570
|9570L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9570S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9570||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, E-P=ELISA (Peptide)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) (C9C3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of eNOS only when phosphorylated at Ser1177.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser1177 of human eNOS.
Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is an important enzyme in the cardiovascular system. It catalyzes the production of nitric oxide (NO), a key regulator of blood pressure, vascular remodeling, and angiogenesis (1,2). The activity of eNOS is regulated by phosphorylation at multiple sites. The two most thoroughly studied sites are the activation site Ser1177 and the inhibitory site Thr495 (3). Several protein kinases including Akt/PKB, PKA, and AMPK activate eNOS by phosphorylating Ser1177 in response to various stimuli (4,5). In contrast, bradykinin and H2O2 activate eNOS activity by promoting both Ser1177 phosphorylation and Thr495 dephosphorylation (6,7).
- Fulton, D. et al. (2001) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 299, 818-824.
- Shaul, P.W. (2002) Annu. Rev. Physiol. 64, 749-774.
- Chen, Z.P. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett. 443, 285-289.
- Dimmeler, S. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 601-605.
- Fulton, D. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 597-601.
- Harris, M.B. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 16587-16591.
- Thomas, S.R. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 6017-6024.
- Cheung, R. et al. (2011) J Clin Invest 121, 4446-61. Applications: Active Kinases.
- Yoshioka, K. et al. (2012) Nat Med 18, 1560-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9575 Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 9571 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) Antibody
- 9572 eNOS Antibody
- 9586 eNOS (49G3) Rabbit mAb
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 1133 eNOS (Ser1177) Biotinylated Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.