Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
eNOS Antibody #9572
|9572S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9572||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||140||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
eNOS Antibody detects endogenous levels of total eNOS protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues around Ser600 of human eNOS. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is an important enzyme in the cardiovascular system. It catalyzes the production of nitric oxide (NO), a key regulator of blood pressure, vascular remodeling, and angiogenesis (1,2). The activity of eNOS is regulated by phosphorylation at multiple sites. The two most thoroughly studied sites are the activation site Ser1177 and the inhibitory site Thr495 (3). Several protein kinases including Akt/PKB, PKA, and AMPK activate eNOS by phosphorylating Ser1177 in response to various stimuli (4,5). In contrast, bradykinin and H2O2 activate eNOS activity by promoting both Ser1177 phosphorylation and Thr495 dephosphorylation (6,7).
- Fulton, D. et al. (2001) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 299, 818-824.
- Shaul, P.W. (2002) Annu. Rev. Physiol. 64, 749-774.
- Chen, Z.P. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett. 443, 285-289.
- Dimmeler, S. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 601-605.
- Fulton, D. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 597-601.
- Harris, M.B. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 16587-16591.
- Thomas, S.R. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 6017-6024.
- Wu, M. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e6430. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Makarova, A.M. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 23044-53. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9570 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) (C9C3) Rabbit mAb
- 9571 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) Antibody
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5880 eNOS (6H2) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.