Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
eNOS (49G3) Rabbit mAb #9586
|W IP||H B (M) (R)||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
eNOS (49G3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total eNOS protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human eNOS.
Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is an important enzyme in the cardiovascular system. It catalyzes the production of nitric oxide (NO), a key regulator of blood pressure, vascular remodeling, and angiogenesis (1,2). The activity of eNOS is regulated by phosphorylation at multiple sites. The two most thoroughly studied sites are the activation site Ser1177 and the inhibitory site Thr495 (3). Several protein kinases including Akt/PKB, PKA, and AMPK activate eNOS by phosphorylating Ser1177 in response to various stimuli (4,5). In contrast, bradykinin and H2O2 activate eNOS activity by promoting both Ser1177 phosphorylation and Thr495 dephosphorylation (6,7).
- Fulton, D. et al. (2001) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 299, 818-824.
- Shaul, P.W. (2002) Annu. Rev. Physiol. 64, 749-774.
- Chen, Z.P. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett. 443, 285-289.
- Dimmeler, S. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 601-605.
- Fulton, D. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 597-601.
- Harris, M.B. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 16587-16591.
- Thomas, S.R. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 6017-6024.
- Yoshioka, K. et al. (2012) Nat Med 18, 1560-9. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9575 Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 9571 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) Antibody
- 9572 eNOS Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.