Product Pathways - Development
β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen) #9587
|9587S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9587P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9587||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||92||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Xenopus, Bovine, Dog, Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Beta-Catenin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total β-catenin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminus of human β-catenin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of total cell extracts from 293 and NIH/3T3 cells using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human clear cell carcinoma, using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Apc (Min/+) mouse intestinal adenoma using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen) in the presence of control peptide (left) or beta-Catenin blocking peptide #1002 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen HCC827 xenograft using beta-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HCT116 cells and either 20 μl of β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen) or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using using SimpleChIP® Human Axin2 Intron 1 Primers #8973, SimpleChIP® Human CaMK2D Intron 3 Primers #5111, human c-Myc promoter primers and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
- Joost, S. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 88-99. Applications: Western Blotting, IF-IC (In Cells).
- Lingwood, D. et al. (2011) Nat Chem Biol 7, 260-2. Applications: IHC-FL (floating/frozen).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1002 β-Catenin Blocking Peptide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.