Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-MSK1 (Ser376) Antibody #9591
|W||H M R||Endogenous||90||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MSK1 (Ser376) Antibody detects endogenous levels of MSK1 only when phosphorylated at Ser376. The antibody does not recognize MSK1 phosphorylated at other sites, nor does it recognize phosphorylated RSK1, RSK2 or RSK3. Thisantibody may cross react with MSK2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser376 of human MSK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from RSK1, RSK2, RSK3 or MSK1 transfected 293 cells, untreated or TPA-treated (200 nM), using Phospho-MSK1 (Ser376) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, untreated, TPA-treated or UV-treated, using Phospho-MSK1 (Ser376) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells transfected with MSK1 or various mutants of MSK1, then treated with TPA (200 nM), and analyzed using Phospho-MSK1 (Ser376) Antibody.
MSK1, a mitogen and stress activated protein kinase, is activated by Erk as well as p38 MAPK in response to growth factors and cellular stress, respectively (1). MSK1 resembles RSK because it has two kinase domains connected by a regulatory linker region (2). Phosphorylation of RSK1 at Ser364 and Ser381 is critical for RSK1 activity (3). These sites are analogous to Ser360 and Ser376 of MSK1, which may be important for MSK1 activity as well.
- Deak, M. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 4426-4441.
- Pierrat, B. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 29661-29671.
- Dalby, K. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 1496-1505.
- Markou, T. and Lazou, A. (2002) Biochem J 365, 757-63.
- Markou, T. et al. (2004) J Mol Cell Cardiol 37, 1001-11.
- Gehani, S.S. et al. (2010) Mol Cell 39, 886-900. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9253 SAPK/JNK Control Cell Extracts
- 9594 Phospho-MSK1 (Ser360) Antibody
- 9595 Phospho-MSK1 (Thr581) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.