Product Pathways - Adhesion
Lyric/Metadherin (2F11C3) Mouse mAb #9596
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||65, 75||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Lyric/Metadherin (2F11C3) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total lyric/metadherin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of human lyric/metadherin protein.
Lyric/AEG-1 (Astrocyte Elevated Gene 1)/MTDH (Metadherin) was identified as a tight junction (TJ) protein based on its localization to TJ proteins in polarized epithelium (1).Differential subcellular localization and overexpression of Lyric/AEG-1/MTDH has been seen in multiple human cancers. Lyric/AEG-1/MTDH is involved in signaling pathways related to various cellular functions including proliferation and apoptosis/survival, and its alteration in cancer is associated with poor prognosis (reviewed in 2). In breast cancer, increased Lyric/AEG-1/MTDH may confer increased chemoresistance as well as metastasis (3,4). Lyric/AEG-1/MTDH expression is important in signaling and disease progression of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) (5) and glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) (6).
- Britt, D.E. et al. (2004) Exp Cell Res 300, 134-48.
- Hu, G. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 5615-20.
- Brown, D.M. and Ruoslahti, E. (2004) Cancer Cell 5, 365-74.
- Hu, G. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 15, 9-20.
- Yoo, B.K. et al. (2009) J Clin Invest 119, 465-77.
- Emdad, L. et al. (2010) Mol Cancer Ther 9, 79-88.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.