Product Pathways - Neuroscience
FABP7 Antibody #9597
|W||H R (Mk)||Endogenous||15||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FABP7 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total FABP7 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human FABP7 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Fatty acid binding proteins (FABPs) bind to fatty acids and other lipids to function as cytoplasmic lipid chaperones (1). They participate in the transport of fatty acids and other lipids to various cellular pathways (2). Differential expression of FABPs is found in several types of tumors and their normal-cell counterparts (3). FABP7 is abundantly expressed in fetal brain and may be essential for development (4). Expression is required for the establishment of the radial glial fiber system, a system that is necessary for the development of cortical layers (5). Increased expression of FABP7 is associated with reduced survival in patients with glioblastoma (6), and is also found in glial cells following nerve injury (7). Loss of FABP7 may be involved in the development and progression of breast cancer and expression of FABP7 has been shown to induce mammary differentiation and to inhibit growth of breast cancer cells (8,9).
- Storch, J. and Thumser, A.E. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 32679-83.
- Haunerland, N.H. and Spener, F. (2004) Prog Lipid Res 43, 328-49.
- Khan, S.H. and Sorof, S. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91, 848-52.
- Shimizu, F. et al. (1997) Biochim Biophys Acta 1354, 24-8.
- Feng, L. and Heintz, N. (1995) Development 121, 1719-30.
- Liang, Y. et al. (2005) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102, 5814-9.
- Miller, S.J. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 2213-24.
- Shi, Y.E. et al. (1997) Cancer Res 57, 3084-91.
- Wang, M. et al. (2000) Cancer Res 60, 6482-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.