Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody #9601
|W IP IHC-P E-P||All||Endogenous||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody binds peptides and proteins containing a motif composed of phospho-Ser with proline at the +2 position and arginine or lysine at the -3 position. Antibody binding is phospho-specific and largely independent of other surrounding amino acids. The antibody weakly cross-reacts with sequences containing phospho-Thr instead of phospho-Ser in this motif, and with sequences containing phospho-Ser surrounded by Phe at the +1 position and Arg/Lys at the -3 position. No cross-reactivity is observed with corresponding nonphosphorylated sequences or with other phospho-Thr/Ser/Tyr-containing motifs. By ELISA this antibody recognizes a wide range of peptides containing the 14-3-3 binding motif, and by 2D gel Western blot analysis it recognizes a large number of presumptive 14-3-3 binding proteins. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3-binding-motif containing peptides . Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells transfected with Bad or Bad Ser112 and/or Ser136 mutant fusion proteins, using Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody (top), Phospho-Bad (Ser136) Antibody #9295 (middle) or Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Antibody #9291 (bottom).
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated or calyculin A-treated (0.1 µM for 30 minutes), using Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody. Proteins were separated by 2-D electrophoresis prior to blotting.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing staining of proteins containing phosphorylated 14-3-3 binding motifs, using Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody.
The 14-3-3 proteins are a highly conserved family of proteins involved in the regulation of cell survival, apoptosis, proliferation and checkpoint control (1-5). Biological regulation by 14-3-3 is mediated through phosphorylation-dependent protein-protein interactions (6). Two different phospho-Ser-containing motifs are found within nearly all known 14-3-3 binding proteins (7). Motif 1 (Arg/Lys and Ser at positions -3 and -2, phospho-Ser at position 0, and Pro at position +2) is found in critical regulatory proteins including Bad, cdc25C, FKHRL1, PKC and c-Raf (5,7). Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Polyclonal and (4E2) Monoclonal Antibodies provide powerful tools for the discovery and characterization of potential 14-3-3 binding proteins containing this motif and for high throughput drug discovery.
- Aitken, A. (1995) Trends Biochem Sci 20, 95-7.
- Zha, J. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 619-28.
- Piwnica-Worms, H. (1999) Nature 401, 535, 537.
- Tzivion, G. et al. (1998) Nature 394, 88-92.
- Xing, H. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 349-58.
- Muslin, A.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 889-97.
- Yaffe, M.B. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 961-71.
- Roczniak-Ferguson, A. et al. (2012) Sci Signal 5, ra42. Applications: Western Blotting
- Shen, Y.H. et al. (2003) Mol Biol Cell 14, 4721-33. Applications: Western Blotting
- Liu, M.Y. et al. (2002) Cancer Res 62, 6475-80. Applications: Western Blotting
- Brunet, A. et al. (2002) J Cell Biol 156, 817-28. Applications: Western Blotting
- Zang, M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 25157-65. Applications: Western Blot
- Foschi, M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 26640-7. Applications: Western Blot
- Diao, J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 8328-40. Applications: Western Blot
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9606 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif (4E2) Mouse mAb
- 2981 Phospho-(Ser) Arg-X-Tyr/Phe-X-pSer Motif Antibody
- 9291 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Antibody
- 9295 Phospho-Bad (Ser136) Antibody
- 9296 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (7E11) Mouse mAb
- 9421 Phospho-c-Raf (Ser259) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6211 SignalSilence® Akt siRNA I
- 6510 SignalSilence® Akt siRNA II
- 6909 SignalSilence® Akt1 siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 6396 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA
- 6407 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 6408 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA II (Mouse Specific)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
License/Use Restrictions: Use of CST Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patent No.'s 7,198,896 & 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at email@example.com.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.