Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb #9624
|W IP E-P||All||Endogenous||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb detects peptides and proteins containing a phospho-Ser/Thr residue with arginine at the -3 and -2 positions. It is a useful tool in identifying new substrates of PKA. The antibody recognizes other -3 arginine-bearing phospho-Ser/Thr peptides, such as substrate motifs for Akt and PKC, to a lesser extent. It does not recognize the nonphosphorylated substrate motif peptides. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with synthetic phospho-PKA substrate peptides .
Western blot analysis of extracts from serum-starved A431 cells, phosphorylated in vitro with PKA kinase or treated in culture with forskolin/IBMX, using Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb. Lysis buffer: 1.0% Triton X-100 (lanes 1 and 2), 2.0% SDS (lanes 3 and 4).
An important class of kinases, refered to as Arg-directed kinases or AGC-family kinases, includes cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA), cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG), protein kinase C, Akt and RSK. These kinases share a substrate specificity characterized by Arg at position -3 relative to the phosphorylated Ser or Thr (1,2). Phospho-PKA substrate-specific antibodies from Cell Signaling Technology are powerful tools for investigating the regulation of phosphorylation by PKA and other Arg-directed kinases, as well as for high throughput kinase drug discovery.
- Montminy, M. (1997) Annu Rev Biochem 66, 807-22.
- Pearson, R.B. and Kemp, B.E. (1991) Methods Enzymol 200, 62-81.
- Bradshaw, N.J. et al. (2011) J Neurosci 31, 9043-54. Applications: Western Blotting
- Park, J.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 23132-41. Applications: Western Blotting
- Biton, S. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) Cell 145, 92-103. Applications: IP
- Li, X. et al. (2006) Biochem J 394, 427-35. Applications: Western Blotting
- Moir, R.D. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103, 15044-9. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 2851 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate Antibody
- 9631 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Phe Antibody
- 9634 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PDK1 Docking Motif (18A2) Mouse mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6406 SignalSilence® PKA C-α siRNA I
- 6574 SignalSilence® PKA C-α siRNA II
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Technology from Epitomics, Inc. Under U.S. patent No. 5,675,063.License/Use Restrictions: Use of CST Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patent No.'s 7,198,896 & 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.