Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb #9624
|9624L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9624S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9624||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||All Species Expected||Endogenous||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, E-P=ELISA (Peptide)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb detects peptides and proteins containing a phospho-Ser/Thr residue with arginine at the -3 and -2 positions. It is a useful tool in identifying new substrates of PKA. The antibody recognizes other -3 arginine-bearing phospho-Ser/Thr peptides, such as substrate motifs for Akt and PKC, to a lesser extent. It does not recognize the nonphosphorylated substrate motif peptides. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with synthetic phospho-PKA substrate peptides .
Western blot analysis of extracts from serum-starved A431 cells, phosphorylated in vitro with PKA kinase or treated in culture with forskolin/IBMX, using Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb. Lysis buffer: 1.0% Triton X-100 (lanes 1 and 2), 2.0% SDS (lanes 3 and 4).
An important class of kinases, refered to as Arg-directed kinases or AGC-family kinases, includes cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA), cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG), protein kinase C, Akt and RSK. These kinases share a substrate specificity characterized by Arg at position -3 relative to the phosphorylated Ser or Thr (1,2). Phospho-PKA substrate-specific antibodies from Cell Signaling Technology are powerful tools for investigating the regulation of phosphorylation by PKA and other Arg-directed kinases, as well as for high throughput kinase drug discovery.
- Bradshaw, N.J. et al. (2011) J Neurosci 31, 9043-54. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Park, J.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 23132-41. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Biton, S. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) Cell 145, 92-103. Applications: IP.
- Li, X. et al. (2006) Biochem J 394, 427-35. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Moir, R.D. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103, 15044-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 2851 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate Antibody
- 9631 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Phe Antibody
- 9634 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PDK1 Docking Motif (18A2) Mouse mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6406 SignalSilence® PKA C-α siRNA I
- 6574 SignalSilence® PKA C-α siRNA II
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.
Use of Cell Signaling Technology (CST) Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patents No. 7,198,896 and 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at email@example.com.