Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
Rab6 (D37C7) Rabbit mAb #9625
|W IP IF-IC||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||24||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab6 (D37C7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Rab6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to the carboxy terminus of human Rab6 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Rab6 (D37C7) Rabbit mAb.
Rab6 is a member of the Ras superfamily of small Rab GTPases implicated in endocytosis (1). The three distinct members of the Rab6 subfamily (Rab6A, Rab6A', and Rab6B) are structurally similar but likely exhibit non-overlapping functions (2,3). Rab6 localized to the Golgi (4) regulates retrograde transport of membrane-bound target proteins from the Golgi apparatus to the endoplasmic reticulum (5-7) or from the Golgi to the endosome during exocytotic transport (8). Rab6 interacts with microtubule motor proteins such as rabkinesin-6 (KIF20A) and dynein/dynactin complexes; Rab6-mediated transport requires a functionally intact microtubule system (9,10). Rab6 also regulates cytokinesis and cell cycle check point through interactions with Rab6 effector proteins, including the dynein/dynactin protein DCTN1 and the GTPase activating protein RABGAP1 (11,12).
- Zerial, M. and McBride, H. (2001) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2, 107-17.
- Echard, A. et al. (2000) Mol Biol Cell 11, 3819-33.
- Del Nery, E. et al. (2006) Traffic 7, 394-407.
- Goud, B. et al. (1994) Ann N Y Acad Sci 733, 340-3.
- White, J. et al. (1999) J Cell Biol 147, 743-60.
- Opdam, F.J. et al. (2000) J Cell Sci 113 ( Pt 15), 2725-35.
- Martinez, O. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 1828-33.
- Grigoriev, I. et al. (2007) Dev Cell 13, 305-14.
- Echard, A. et al. (1998) Science 279, 580-5.
- Young, J. et al. (2005) Mol Biol Cell 16, 162-77.
- Hill, E. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 5711-9.
- Miserey-Lenkei, S. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 278-89.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4879 Rab6 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.