Product Pathways - Protein Stability
PA28α (D1C10) Rabbit mAb #9643
|W IP||H M R Mk (B) (Dg) (Pg)||Endogenous||28||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PA28α recognizes endogenous levels of total PA28α protein. This antibody does not cross-react with either PA28β/PSME2 or PA28γ/PSME3.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human PA28α protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PA28α (D1C10) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, either mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human PA28α (hPA28α-Myc/DDK, +), full-length human PA28β (hPA28β-Myc/DDK, +), or full-length human PA28γ (hPA28γ-Myc/DDK, +), using PA28α (D1C10) Rabbit mAb (upper) or DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) #2368 (lower).
The 20S proteasome is the major proteolytic enzyme complex involved in intracellular protein degradation. PA700, PA28, and PA200 are three major protein complexes that function as activators of the 20S proteasome. There are three evolutionarily conserved subunits of PA28: PA28α (PSME1), PA28β (PSME2), and PA28γ (PSME3) (1,2). PA28α and PA28β form a heteroheptameric complex and function by binding to the 20S complex at its opening site(s). The PA28α/β complex is present throughout the cell and participates in MHC class I antigen presentation by promoting the generation of antigenic peptides from foreign proteins (2). PA28γ exists in the form of a homoheptamer and is mainly located in the nucleus. The PA28γ complex exerts its function by binding and guiding specific nuclear target proteins to the 20S proteasome for further degradation (3,4).
- Dahlmann, B. (2005) Essays Biochem. 41, 31-48.
- Rechsteiner, M. and Hill, C.P. (2005) Trends Cell Biol. 15, 27-33.
- Zhou, P. (2006) Cell 124, 256-257.
- Li, X. et al. (2006) Cell 124, 381-392.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8657 PA28α (D4F12) Rabbit mAb
- 2409 PA28β Antibody
- 2412 PA28γ Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3900 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.