Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-3 Antibody #9662
|9662S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9662P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9662||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||17, 19, 35||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of full length caspase-3 (35 kDa) and the large fragment of caspase-3 resulting from cleavage (17 kDa).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the cleavage site of human caspase-3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated or etoposide-treated (25uM, 5hrs), and NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or staurosporine-treated (1uM, 3hrs), using Caspase-3 Antibody.
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
- Erhardt, J.A. et al. (2001) Thromb Res 103, 143-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Marques, C.A. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 28294-302. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jeong, W. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 3151-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ballestrero, A. et al. (2004) Clin Cancer Res 10, 1463-70. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Chandrasekar, B. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 20221-33. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Nishihara, H. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 8921-6. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yu, L. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 3749-59. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hara, H. et al. (2002) J Immunol 168, 2288-95. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thome, C.H. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Proteomics , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Quast, S.A. et al. (2013) Cell Death Dis 4, e839. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9664 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9665 Caspase-3 (8G10) Rabbit mAb
- 9663 Caspase-3 Control Cell Extracts
- 9668 Caspase-3 (3G2) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.