Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-3 Control Cell Extracts #9663
Untreated Jurkat Control Cell Extracts: Untreated Jurkat cells are lysed in Chaps cell extract buffer and a cytoplasmic fraction is generated to serve as a negative control for caspase cleavage. Cytochrome c Treated Jurkat Cell Extracts: Untreated Jurkat cells are lysed in Chaps cell extract buffer and a cytoplasmic fraction is generated. Extracts are then treated with cytochrome c in vitro to generate a positive control for caspase cleavage.
Western Blots: CST recommends boiling control cell extracts for two minutes prior to loading. Load 10 µl of each Jurkat control cell extract per lane.
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
- Fernandes-Alnemri, T. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 30761-30764.
- Nicholson, D. W. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 37-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9491 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 9502 Caspase-9 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9505 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp315) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9660 Apoptosis Marker: Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Western Detection Kit
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.