Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-3 Control Cell Extracts #9663
|9663S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Untreated Jurkat Control Cell Extracts: Untreated Jurkat cells are lysed in Chaps cell extract buffer and a cytoplasmic fraction is generated to serve as a negative control for caspase cleavage. Cytochrome c Treated Jurkat Cell Extracts: Untreated Jurkat cells are lysed in Chaps cell extract buffer and a cytoplasmic fraction is generated. Extracts are then treated with cytochrome c in vitro to generate a positive control for caspase cleavage.
Western Blots: CST recommends boiling control cell extracts for two minutes prior to loading. Load 10 µl of each Jurkat control cell extract per lane.
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9491 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 9502 Caspase-9 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9505 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp315) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9660 Apoptosis Marker: Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Western Detection Kit
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.