Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb #9664
|9664L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9664S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9664P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9664||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||17, 19||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (17/19 kDa) of activated caspase-3 resulting from cleavage adjacent to Asp175. This antibody does not recognize full length caspase-3 or other cleaved caspases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino-terminal residues adjacent to Asp175 of human caspase-3.
Western blot analysis of extracts from C6 (rat), NIH/3T3 (mouse), and Jurkat (human) cells, untreated or treated with staurosporine #9953 (1uM, 3hrs) or etoposide #2200 (25uM, 5hrs) as indicated, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated or etoposide-treated (25uM, 5hrs), using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb. Western blot was performed using the same antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse embryo, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Blocking Peptide (#1050) (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb on SignalSlide (TM) Cleaved Caspase-3 IHC Controls #8104 (paraffin-embedded Jurkat cells, untreated (left) or etoposide-treated (right)).
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded mouse embryo, showing cytoplasmic localization in apoptotic cells, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen H1650 xenograft, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent images of HT-29 cells, untreated (left) or Staurosporine #9953 treated (right) labeled with Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin #8953 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
- Jak, M. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 5178-88. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jane, E.P. et al. (2011) Mol Cancer Ther 10, 198-208. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yerlikaya, A. et al. (2012) Tumour Biol 33, 1385-92. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yoshioka, K. et al. (2012) Nat Med 18, 1560-9. Applications: Western Blotting, IF-IC (In Cells).
- Yilmaz, M. et al. (2011) EMBO J 30, 4489-99. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1050 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Blocking Peptide
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9665 Caspase-3 (8G10) Rabbit mAb
- 8104 SignalSlide® Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) IHC Controls
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9579 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb
- 8202 PhosphoPlus® Caspase-3 (Cleaved, Asp175) Antibody Duet
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.