Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb #9664
|W IP IHC-P IHC-F IF-IC F||H M R Mk (Dg)||Endogenous||17, 19||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (17/19 kDa) of activated caspase-3 resulting from cleavage adjacent to Asp175. This antibody does not recognize full length caspase-3 or other cleaved caspases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino-terminal residues adjacent to Asp175 of human caspase-3.
Western blot analysis of extracts from C6 (rat), NIH/3T3 (mouse), and Jurkat (human) cells, untreated or treated with staurosporine #9953 (1uM, 3hrs) or etoposide #2200 (25uM, 5hrs) as indicated, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated or etoposide-treated (25uM, 5hrs), using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb. Western blot was performed using the same antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse embryo, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Blocking Peptide (#1050) (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb on SignalSlide (TM) Cleaved Caspase-3 IHC Controls #8104 (paraffin-embedded Jurkat cells, untreated (left) or etoposide-treated (right)).
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded mouse embryo, showing cytoplasmic localization in apoptotic cells, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen H1650 xenograft, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent images of HT-29 cells, untreated (left) or Staurosporine #9953 treated (right) labeled with Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin #8953 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
- Fernandes-Alnemri, T. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 30761-30764.
- Nicholson, D. W. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 37-43.
- Jak, M. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 5178-88. Applications: Western Blotting
- Jane, E.P. et al. (2011) Mol Cancer Ther 10, 198-208. Applications: Western Blotting
- Yerlikaya, A. et al. (2012) Tumour Biol 33, 1385-92. Applications: Western Blotting
- Yoshioka, K. et al. (2012) Nat Med 18, 1560-9. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1050 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Blocking Peptide
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9665 Caspase-3 (8G10) Rabbit mAb
- 8104 SignalSlide® Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) IHC Controls
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9579 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb
- 8202 PhosphoPlus® Caspase-3 (Cleaved, Asp175) Antibody Duet
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.