Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-3 (3G2) Mouse mAb #9668
|W||H||Endogenous||17, 19, 35||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-3 (3G2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of full length (35 kDa) and the large fragment (17/19 kDa) of caspase-3 resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 175.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 28-44 of human caspase-3.
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
- Fernandes-Alnemri, T. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 30761-30764.
- Nicholson, D. W. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 37-43.
- Ikner, A. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21546-54. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9665 Caspase-3 (8G10) Rabbit mAb
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 9664 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.