Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Sec24A Antibody #9678
|9678S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9678||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sec24A Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Sec24A protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other members of Sec24 family.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe52 of human Sec24A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Coat Protein Complex II (COPII) is composed of five cytosolic proteins: Sec23/24 complex, Sec13/31 complex, and Sar1. COPII coat is located at the ER/Golgi interface and is involved in transport of newly synthesized proteins from the ER to the Golgi apparatus (1). COPII formation is initiated through the binding of the activated G protein, Sar1, to the Sec23/24 complex, thereby forming a prebudding complex that directly binds target molecules (1-3). The prebudding complex further recruits Sec13/31 to form mature COPII coat (4,5). The Sec24 subunit of COPII coat is thought to play a critical role in cargo selection (2,6). It binds directly to cargo proteins at the ER and brings them to COPII vesicles through interaction with Sec23. There are four Sec24 isoforms in human cells: Sec24A, Sec24B, Sec24C, and Sec24D (7). In mice, mutations in Sec24B have been linked to developmental defects (8,9).
- Aridor, M. et al. (1998) J Cell Biol 141, 61-70.
- Miller, E.A. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 497-509.
- Mossessova, E. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 483-95.
- Barlowe, C. et al. (1994) Cell 77, 895-907.
- Bi, X. et al. (2007) Dev Cell 13, 635-45.
- Miller, E. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 6105-13.
- Tang, B.L. et al. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 258, 679-84.
- Merte, J. et al. (2010) Nat Cell Biol 12, 41-6; sup pp 1-8.
- Wansleeben, C. et al. (2010) Development 137, 1067-73.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7427 Sec24B Antibody
- 9610 Sec24D Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.