Product Pathways - Neuroscience
NT5E (CD73) Antibody #9684
|W||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||70||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NT5E (CD73) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total NT5E protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp522 of human NT5E protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated (-) or treated with cobalt chloride (0.1 mM, 16 hr; +), using NT5E (CD73) Antibody (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Ecto-5'nucleotidase (NT5E, also called CD73) is a 70 kDa glycosyl phosphatidylinositol-anchored membrane-bound glycoprotein that catalyzes the hydrolysis of extracellular nucleoside monophosphates into bioactive nucleoside (1). NT5E catalyzes the terminal step of extracellular adenosine formation from adenosine-monophosphate, therefore driving the regulation of extracellular adenosine levels and the downstream activation of the four G protein-coupled adenosine receptors (2). Binding of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF-1) to the NT5E gene promotor leads to upregulation of NT5E during hypoxia (3). NT5E biological roles span from lymphocyte adhesion (4,5), to fibrosis (6), to regulation of nociception (7,8).
- Le Hir, M. and Kaissling, B. (1993) Am J Physiol 264, F377-87.
- Schulte, G. and Fredholm, B.B. (2003) Cell Signal 15, 813-27.
- Synnestvedt, K. et al. (2002) J Clin Invest 110, 993-1002.
- Arvilommi, A.M. et al. (1997) Eur J Immunol 27, 248-54.
- Airas, L. and Jalkanen, S. (1996) Blood 88, 1755-64.
- Peng, Z. et al. (2008) Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 27, 821-4.
- Sowa, N.A. et al. (2010) J Neurosci 30, 2235-44.
- Zylka, M.J. (2011) Trends Mol Med 17, 188-96.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.