Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
Rab35 Antibody #9690
|W||H M R||Endogenous||24||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab35 Antibody detects endogeneous levels of total Rab35 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp124 of human Rab35 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Rab35 belongs to the small GTPase superfamily. By interacting with its specific GEF or GAP, Rab35 regulates cargo-specific endocytosis at the vesicle recycling step or mediates exocytosis at the exosome docking/tethering step (1-4). During cytokinesis, Rab35 interacts with OCRL phosphatase and is essential for maintaining intercellular bridge stability and abscission by controlling the concentration of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2) and SEPT2 localization at the intercellular bridge (5,6). Rab35 also plays a role in actin assembly and the recruitment of Cdc42 and Rac1 to the site of filopodium by its direct interaction with actin-bundling protein fascin and actin-binding protein connecdenn 3 (7-9).
- Patino-Lopez, G. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 18323-30.
- Sato, M. et al. (2008) EMBO J 27, 1183-96.
- Marat, A.L. and McPherson, P.S. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 10627-37.
- Hsu, C. et al. (2010) J Cell Biol 189, 223-32.
- Kouranti, I. et al. (2006) Curr Biol 16, 1719-25.
- Dambournet, D. et al. (2011) Nat Cell Biol 13, 981-8.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2009) Science 325, 1250-4.
- Marat, A.L. et al. (2012) Mol Biol Cell 23, 163-75.
- Shim, J. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Biol 30, 1421-33.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.