Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
Rab35 Antibody #9690
|9690S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9690||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||24||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab35 Antibody detects endogeneous levels of total Rab35 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp124 of human Rab35 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Rab35 belongs to the small GTPase superfamily. By interacting with its specific GEF or GAP, Rab35 regulates cargo-specific endocytosis at the vesicle recycling step or mediates exocytosis at the exosome docking/tethering step (1-4). During cytokinesis, Rab35 interacts with OCRL phosphatase and is essential for maintaining intercellular bridge stability and abscission by controlling the concentration of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2) and SEPT2 localization at the intercellular bridge (5,6). Rab35 also plays a role in actin assembly and the recruitment of Cdc42 and Rac1 to the site of filopodium by its direct interaction with actin-bundling protein fascin and actin-binding protein connecdenn 3 (7-9).
- Patino-Lopez, G. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 18323-30.
- Sato, M. et al. (2008) EMBO J 27, 1183-96.
- Marat, A.L. and McPherson, P.S. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 10627-37.
- Hsu, C. et al. (2010) J Cell Biol 189, 223-32.
- Kouranti, I. et al. (2006) Curr Biol 16, 1719-25.
- Dambournet, D. et al. (2011) Nat Cell Biol 13, 981-8.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2009) Science 325, 1250-4.
- Marat, A.L. et al. (2012) Mol Biol Cell 23, 163-75.
- Shim, J. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Biol 30, 1421-33.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.