Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Nitro-Tyrosine Antibody #9691
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Nitro-Tyrosine Antibody detects proteins and peptides containing nitro-tyrosine in a manner independent of the surrounding amino acid sequence. It is a valuable tool for identifying new nitrated proteins as well as for assaying protein nitration and measuring levels of nitrated proteins in tissues and samples. The antibody does not cross-react with unmodified tyrosine or with phospho-tyrosine. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic nitro-tyrosine-containing peptides . Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Directions for Use
To obtain optimal results with this antibody please use PVDF instead of nitrocellulose membranes.
Nitric oxide (NO) is implicated in carcinogenesis (1), chronic infection, inflammation (2) and neurodegeneration (3). High levels of both superoxide and nitric oxide in tissues interact to form peroxynitrite, a potent oxidant that can modify Tyr residues in proteins to form 3-nitro-tyrosine (4). Tyrosine nitration of mitochondrial manganese superoxide dismutase results in loss of enzymatic activity (4). The nitration of p53 at Tyr residues abolishes its capacity for binding to its DNA consensus sequence (5).
- Bentz, B.G. et al. (2000) Head Neck 22, 64-70.
- Jaiswal, M. et al. (2000) Cancer Res 60, 184-90.
- Olivenza, R. et al. (2000) J Neurochem 74, 785-91.
- MacMillan-Crow, L.A. et al. (1996) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93, 11853-8.
- Chazotte-Aubert, L. et al. (2000) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 267, 609-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9411 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100)
- 9416 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-102)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
License/Use Restrictions: Use of CST Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patent No.'s 7,198,896 & 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.