Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
VEGF Receptor 2 (D5B1) Rabbit mAb #9698
|9698S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9698||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||210, 230||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
VEGF Receptor 2 (D5B1) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total VEGF receptor 2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein containing the carboxy-terminal 150 amino acid residues of human VEGF receptor 2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HUVE cells, HeLa cells and mouse heart using VEGF Receptor 2 (D5B1) Rabbit mAb for VEGFR2 expression (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb (#8457) for loading control. (The 80 kDa bands represent partial degradation product).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human angiosarcoma using VEGF Receptor 2 (D5B1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse liver using VEGF Receptor 2 (D5B1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded HCC827 xenograft using VEGFR2 (D5B1) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells (blue) and HUVE cells (green) using VEGF Receptor 2 (D5B1) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of rat pancreas using VEGF Receptor 2 (D5B1) Rabbit mAb (green) and β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (IF Preferred) #2677 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2, KDR, Flk-1) is a major receptor for VEGF-induced signaling in endothelial cells. Upon ligand binding, VEGFR2 undergoes autophosphorylation and becomes activated (1). Major autophosphorylation sites of VEGFR2 are located in the kinase insert domain (Tyr951/996) and in the tyrosine kinase catalytic domain (Tyr1054/1059) (2). Activation of the receptor leads to rapid recruitment of adaptor proteins, including Shc, GRB2, PI3 kinase, NCK, and the protein tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2 (3). Phosphorylation at Tyr1212 provides a docking site for GRB2 binding and phospho-Tyr1175 binds the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase and PLCγ, as well as Shb (1,4,5). Signaling from VEGFR2 is necessary for the execution of VEGF-stimulated proliferation, chemotaxis and sprouting, as well as survival of cultured endothelial cells in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo (6-8).
- Meyer, M. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 363-74.
- Dougher-Vermazen, M. et al. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 205, 728-38.
- Kroll, J. and Waltenberger, J. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 32521-7.
- Takahashi, T. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 2768-78.
- Holmqvist, K. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 22267-75.
- Karkkainen, M.J. and Petrova, T.V. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5598-605.
- Rahimi, N. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 16986-92.
- Claesson-Welsh, L. (2003) Biochem Soc Trans 31, 20-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2477 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2478 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (19A10) Rabbit mAb
- 2474 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr996) Antibody
- 4991 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (15D2) Rabbit mAb
- 3817 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1059) (D5A6) Rabbit mAb
- 2479 VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.