Product Pathways - Adhesion
Integrin β1 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb #9699
|W IHC-P||H||Endogenous||115, 135||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Integrin β1 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total integrin β1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro680 of human integrin β1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Integrin β1 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Integrin β1 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Integrin β1 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb.
Integrins are α/β heterodimeric cell surface receptors that play a pivotal role in cell adhesion and migration, as well as in growth and survival (1,2). The integrin family contains at least 18 α and 8 β subunits that form 24 known integrins with distinct tissue distribution and overlapping ligand specificities (3). Integrins not only transmit signals to cells in response to the extracellular environment (outside-in signaling), but also sense intracellular cues to alter their interaction with the extracellular environment (inside-out signaling) (1,2).The β1 subfamily includes 12 distinct integrin proteins that bind to different extracellular matrix molecules (4). Control of extracellular integrin binding influences cell adhesion and migration, while intracellular signaling messages relayed by the β1 cytoplasmic tail help to regulate cell proliferation, cytoskeletal reorganization, and gene expression (4). Research studies have implicated β1 integrin in various activities including embryonic development, blood vessel, skin, bone, and muscle formation, as well as tumor metastasis and angiogenesis (4,5).
- Liu, S. et al. (2000) J. Cell Sci. 113, 3563-3571.
- Hood, J.D. and Cheresh, D.A. (2002) Nat. Rev. Cancer 2, 91-100.
- van der Flier, A. and Sonnenberg, A. (2001) Cell Tissue Res. 305, 285-298.
- Brakebusch, C. and Fässler, R. (2005) Cancer Metastasis Rev. 24, 403-411.
- Mettouchi, A. and Meneguzzi, G. (2006) Eur. J. Cell Biol. 85, 243-247.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.