Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Histone H3 Antibody #9715
|9715L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9715S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9715||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Zebrafish, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||17||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: D. melanogaster.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Histone H3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total histone H3 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other histones.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal sequence of human histone H3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Modulation of chromatin structure plays an important role in the regulation of transcription in eukaryotes. The nucleosome, made up of DNA wound around eight core histone proteins (two each of H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin (1). The amino-terminal tails of core histones undergo various post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (2-5). These modifications occur in response to various stimuli and have a direct effect on the accessibility of chromatin to transcription factors and, therefore, gene expression (6). In most species, histone H2B is primarily acetylated at Lys5, 12, 15, and 20 (4,7). Histone H3 is primarily acetylated at Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, and 56. Acetylation of H3 at Lys9 appears to have a dominant role in histone deposition and chromatin assembly in some organisms (2,3). Phosphorylation at Ser10, Ser28, and Thr11 of histone H3 is tightly correlated with chromosome condensation during both mitosis and meiosis (8-10). Phosphorylation at Thr3 of histone H3 is highly conserved among many species and is catalyzed by the kinase haspin. Immunostaining with phospho-specific antibodies in mammalian cells reveals mitotic phosphorylation at Thr3 of H3 in prophase and its dephosphorylation during anaphase (11).
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Strahl, B.D. and Allis, C.D. (2000) Nature 403, 41-5.
- Cheung, P. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 263-71.
- Bernstein, B.E. and Schreiber, S.L. (2002) Chem Biol 9, 1167-73.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Thorne, A.W. et al. (1990) Eur J Biochem 193, 701-13.
- Hendzel, M.J. et al. (1997) Chromosoma 106, 348-60.
- Goto, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25543-9.
- Preuss, U. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 878-85.
- Dai, J. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 472-88.
- Hoover, L.L. et al. (2008) Biochim Biophys Acta 1783, 2279-86.
- Song, N. et al. (2011) Acta Histochem Cytochem 44, 183-90. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Zhang, Z. et al. (2011) Nat Med 17, 1448-55. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mandal, M. et al. (2011) Nat Immunol 12, 1212-20. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Cheung, C.H. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e23485. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Rajendrasozhan, S. et al. (2010) Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 298, L197-209. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Rudra, D. et al. (2012) Nat Immunol 13, 1010-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Shimada, M. et al. (2010) EMBO Rep 11, 883-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Kishida, S. et al. (2013) Cancer Res 73, 1318-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9671 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 9675 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) Antibody
- 9681 Acetylated-Lysine Mouse mAb (Ac-K-103)
- 9701 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Antibody
- 9706 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (6G3) Mouse mAb
- 9707 Methyl-Histone H3 (Arg2) Antibody
- 9711 Acetyl- and Phospho-Histone H3 (Lys9/Ser10) Antibody
- 9927 Acetyl-Histone H3 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9933 Acetyl-Histone Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.