Product Pathways - Apoptosis
DFF45/DFF35 Antibody #9732
|W IP||H||Endogenous||35, 45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DFF45/DFF35 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total full length DFF45 and/or full length DFF35. The antibody does not cross-react with related proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp224 of human DFF45. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Human DFF45 and its mouse homologue ICAD function in normal cells as chaperones for caspase-activated deoxyribonuclease (DFF40 or CAD) during its synthesis (1). The association of DFF45 (or its isoform DFF35) with DFF40 inhibits the DNAse activity of the latter (1-4). In vitro, DFF45 has been shown to be the target of several caspases, including caspase-3, -6, -7, -8 and granzyme B (3). In vivo, caspase-3 is believed to be the primary enzyme responsible for processing DFF45 and release of its carboxy-terminal fragment (3,5). The cleavage of DFF45 inactivates its inhibitory function on DFF40 and causes nuclear DNA degradation by DFF40, leading to cell death (6,7).
- Enari, M. et al. (1998) Nature 391, 43-50.
- Sakahira, H. et al. (1998) Nature 391, 96-99.
- Wolf, B. B. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 30651-30656.
- Gu, J. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 20759-20762.
- Tang, D. and Kidd, V.J. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 28549-28552.
- Liu, X. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 13836-13840.
- Zhang, J. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 37450-37454.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9731 Cleaved DFF45 (Asp224) Antibody
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.