Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
FGF Receptor 1 (D8E4) XP® Rabbit mAb #9740
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||92 , 120, 145||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FGF Receptor 1 (D8E4) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total FGF receptor 1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other FGF receptor family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to the carboxy terminus of human FGF receptor 1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A-204 (FGFR1 positive), KG-1a (FGFR1 oncogenic partner-FGFR1 fusion), A172 (FGFR1 low), and HT-29 (FGFR1 negative) cells using FGF Receptor 1 (D8E4) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using FGF Receptor 1 (D8E4) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human kidney using FGF Receptor 1 (D8E4) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using FGF Receptor 1 (D8E4) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of A-204 cells using FGF Receptor 1 (D8E4) XP® Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to concentration matched Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of A204 cells (positive, left), KG-1 cells (positive, middle) and A172 cells (weak expression, right) using FGF Receptor 1 (D8E4) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor= DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) produce mitogenic and angiogenic effects in target cells by signaling through cell surface receptor tyrosine kinases. There are four members of the FGF receptor family: FGFR1 (flg), FGFR2 (bek, KGFR), FGFR3, and FGFR4. Each receptor contains an extracellular ligand binding domain, a transmembrane domain, and a cytoplasmic kinase domain (1). Following ligand binding and dimerization, the receptors are phosphorylated at specific tyrosine residues (2). Seven tyrosine residues in the cytoplasmic tail of FGFR1 can be phosphorylated: Tyr463, 583, 585, 653, 654, 730, and 766. Tyr653 and Tyr654 are important for catalytic activity of activated FGFR and are essential for signaling (3). The other phosphorylated tyrosine residues may provide docking sites for downstream signaling components such as Crk and PLCγ (4,5).
- Powers, C.J. et al. (2000) Endocr Relat Cancer 7, 165-97.
- Reilly, J.F. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 7771-8.
- Mohammadi, M. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 977-89.
- Mohammadi, M. et al. (1991) Mol Cell Biol 11, 5068-78.
- Larsson, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25726-34.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3476 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) (55H2) Mouse mAb
- 3471 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) Antibody
- 2544 Phospho-FGF Receptor 1 (Tyr766) (1E5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3472 FGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.