Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb #9746
|W IP||H||Endogenous||18, 43, 57||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of full length caspase-8 (57 kDa), the cleaved intermediate p43/p41 and the caspase-8 active fragment p18. This antibody does not cross-react with other caspases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal sequence of the p18 fragment of human caspase-8. Antibody is supplied in HEPES buffer with 50% glycerol and less than 0.02% sodium azide.
Apoptosis induced through the CD95 receptor (Fas/APO-1) and tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) activates caspase-8 and leads to the release of the caspase-8 active fragments, p18 and p10 (1-3). Activated caspase-8 cleaves and activates downstream effector caspases such as caspase-1, -3, -6, and -7. Caspase-3 ultimately elicits the morphological hallmarks of apoptosis, including DNA fragmentation and cell shrinkage.
- Muzio, M. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 817-827.
- Boldin, M.P. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 803-815.
- Fernandes-Alnemri, T. et al. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 7464-7469.
- Kumar-Sinha, C. et al. (2002) Molecular cross-talk between the TRAIL and interferon signaling pathways. J. Biol. Chem. 277 (1), 575-585. Applications: Western Blotting
- Yu, W. et al. (2003) RRR-alpha-tocopheryl succinate-induced apoptosis of human breast cancer cell involves Bax translocation to mitochondria. Cancer Res. 63 (10), 2483-91. Applications: Western Blotting
- Jeong, W. et al. (2004) Roles of TRP14, a thioredoxin-related protein in tumor necrosis factor-alpha signaling pathways. J. Biol. Chem. 279, 3151-3159. Applications: Western Blotting
- Mongini, P. K. et al. (2004) Role of complement-binding CD21/CD19/CD81 in enhancing human B cell protection from Fas-mediated apoptosis. J. Immunol. 171, 5244-5254. Applications: Western Blotting
- Chandrasekar, B. et al. (2004) Activation of intrinsic and extrinsic proapoptotic signaling pathways in interleukin-18-mediated human cardiac endothelial cell death. J Biol Chem. 279 (19), 20221-33. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ballestrero, A. et al. (2004) Tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand cooperates with anticancer drugs to overcome chemoresistance in antiapoptotic Bcl-2 family members expressing jurkat cells. Clin. Cancer Res. 10, 1463-1470. Applications: Western Blotting
- He, S. et al. (2009) Cell 137, 1100-11. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ikner, A. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21546-54. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9748 Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp384) (11G10) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.