Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp384) (11G10) Mouse mAb #9748
|9748S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9748||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp384) (11G10) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of the small fragment of caspase-8 resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 384. The antibody does not cross-react with full length caspase-8.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal sequence of p10 of human caspase-8. Antibody is supplied in HEPES buffer with 50% glycerol and less than 0.02% sodium azide.
Apoptosis induced through the CD95 receptor (Fas/APO-1) and tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) activates caspase-8 and leads to the release of the caspase-8 active fragments, p18 and p10 (1-3). Activated caspase-8 cleaves and activates downstream effector caspases such as caspase-1, -3, -6, and -7. Caspase-3 ultimately elicits the morphological hallmarks of apoptosis, including DNA fragmentation and cell shrinkage.
(This product is sold under license from Promega Corp., U.S. Patent No. 6,350,452.)
- Cheong, J. W. et al. (2003) Clin. Cancer Res. 9, 5018-5027. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2002 BID Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2006 BID (7A3) Mouse mAb (Human Specific)
- 9491 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 9501 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp330) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9502 Caspase-9 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9505 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp315) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 9746 Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.