Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-10 Antibody #9752
|W||H M R||Endogenous||63 to 66||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-10 Antibody detects endogenous levels of full length caspase-10 and its various isoforms. The antibody does not cross-react with other caspases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding aspartic acid 219 of human caspase-10. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-10 is a DED (death effector domain)-containing caspase and functions as an initiator caspase in Fas/TNF induced apoptosis (1). Four isoforms of caspase-10 have been identified: caspase-10a (Mch4), caspase-10b (FLICE2), caspase-10c and caspase-10d. They have the same prodomain but different mature large and small subdomains (2-4). Upon death ligand-receptor binding, caspase-10 is coupled to the multimeric Fas/TNF receptor complex via DED/FADD adaptor interaction (1-4). This complex processes procaspase-10 into a large active fragment and a small fragment. Cleaved caspase-10 further processes other caspase members, including caspase-3 and caspase-7, to initiate a caspase cascade, leading to apoptosis (3-6).
- Nunez, G. et al. (1998) Oncogene 17, 3237-3245.
- Ng, P. W. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 10301-10308.
- Vincenz, C. and Dixit, V.M. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 6578-6583.
- Fernandez-Alnemri, T. et al. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 7464-7469.
- Srinivasula, S. M. et al. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 14486-14491.
- Wang, J. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 47-58.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.