Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-6 (Asp162) Antibody #9761
|W||H M R||Endogenous||18||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-6 (Asp162) Antibody detects endogenous levels of the large subunit of caspase-6 resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid162. This antibody does not recognize other cleaved caspases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal sequence of p18, the large subunit of rat caspase-6. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-6 (Mch2) is one of the major executioner caspases functioning in cellular apoptotic processes (1,2). Upon apoptotic stimulation, initiator caspases such as caspase-9 are cleaved and activated (3). The activated upstream caspases further process downstream executioner caspases, such as caspase-3 and caspase-6, by cleaving them into large and small subunits, thereby initiating a caspase cascade leading to apoptosis (4,5). One of the major targets for caspase-6 is the membrane associated protein lamin A (6). The cleavage of this protein causes cell membrane malfunction, membrane blebbing and eventual cell death.
- Cohen, G.M. (1997) Biochem J 326 ( Pt 1), 1-16.
- Faleiro, L. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 2271-81.
- Li, P. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 479-89.
- Slee, E.A. et al. (1999) J Cell Biol 144, 281-92.
- MacFarlane, M. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 137, 469-79.
- Orth, K. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 16443-6.
- Bhakar, A. L. et al. (2003) Apoptosis induced by p75NTR overexpression requires Jun kinase-dependent phosphorylation of Bad. J Neurosci. 23 (36), 11373-81. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2031 Cleaved Lamin A (Asp230) Antibody
- 2032 Lamin A/C Antibody
- 9762 Caspase-6 Antibody
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 9663 Caspase-3 Control Cell Extracts
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.