Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-6 Antibody #9762
|W||H M R||Endogenous||15, 35||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-6 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of both full length caspase-6 (35 kDa) and the small subunit of caspase-6 resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 193 (15 kDa). This antibody does not recognize other caspases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the cleavage site of caspase-6. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-6 (Mch2) is one of the major executioner caspases functioning in cellular apoptotic processes (1,2). Upon apoptotic stimulation, initiator caspases such as caspase-9 are cleaved and activated (3). The activated upstream caspases further process downstream executioner caspases, such as caspase-3 and caspase-6, by cleaving them into large and small subunits, thereby initiating a caspase cascade leading to apoptosis (4,5). One of the major targets for caspase-6 is the membrane associated protein lamin A (6). The cleavage of this protein causes cell membrane malfunction, membrane blebbing and eventual cell death.
- Cohen, G.M. (1997) Biochem J 326 ( Pt 1), 1-16.
- Faleiro, L. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 2271-81.
- Li, P. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 479-89.
- Slee, E.A. et al. (1999) J Cell Biol 144, 281-92.
- MacFarlane, M. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 137, 469-79.
- Orth, K. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 16443-6.
- Hara, H. et al. (2002) The apoptotic protease-activating factor 1-mediated pathway of apoptosis is dispensable for negative selection of thymocytes. J. Immunol. 168, 2288-2295. Applications: Western Blotting
- Schroder, A. et al. (2002) STAT6 serves as a positive and negative regulator of gene expression in IL-4-stimulated B lymphocytes. J. Immunol. 168, 996-1000. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2031 Cleaved Lamin A (Asp230) Antibody
- 2032 Lamin A/C Antibody
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.