Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Pirin (1E8) Rat mAb #9777
|W IP F||H M R Hm Mk B||Endogenous||32||Rat IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Pirin (1E8) Rat mAb detects endogenous levels of Pirin protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other proteins in the cupin superfamily.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with the full-length Pirin protein.
Western blot analysis of cell lysates from HeLa, NIH/3T3, C6 and COS cells, using Pirin (1E8) Rat mAb.
Pirin is a highly conserved nuclear protein and a member of the cupin superfamily of proteins, all of which contain two conserved β-barrel fold domains (1). Pirin functions as a co-factor for NFI/CTF1 and Bcl-3, implicating it in DNA replication, transcriptional activation and apoptosis (2,3). Both human and bacterial pirins catalyze the di-oxygenation of quercetin, one of a class of widespread naturally occurring flavenoid compounds that have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer activities (4). Flavenoids exert these beneficial activities by functioning as antioxidants that stabilize cellular free radical molecules and by directly modulating cell signaling pathways involving PI 3-kinase, Akt/PKB, PKC and MAP kinases (5). Quercetin has also been directly implicated in the regulation of NF-κB activity; thus, Pirin may exert its apoptotic functions both by directly regulating Bcl-3/NF-κB activity and by modulating quercetin levels in the cell (6).
- Dunwell, J.M. et al. (2001) Trends Biochem. Sci. 26, 740-746.
- Wendler, W.M. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 8482-8489.
- Dechend, R. et al. (1999) Oncogene 18, 3316-3323.
- Adams, M. and Jia, Z. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 28675-28682.
- Williams, R.J. et al. (2004) Free Radic. Biol .Med. 36, 838-849.
- Chen, C.C. et al. (2004) Mol. Pharmacol. 66, 683-693.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4882 NF-κB2 p100/p52 Antibody
- 3035 NF-κB1 p105/p50 Antibody
- 4727 c-Rel Antibody
- 4954 RelB Antibody
- 9242 IκBα Antibody
- 4812 IκBα (44D4) Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.