Product Pathways - Metabolism
ACAD9 Antibody #9796
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||69||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ACAD9 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total ACAD9 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val512 of human ACAD9 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing DDK-tagged full-length human ACAD9 (hACAD9-DDK; +), using ACAD9 Antibody (upper), DYKDDDDK Tag (9A3) Mouse mAb #8146 (middle), or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
The mitochondrial flavoenzymes acyl-CoA dehydrogenases (ACADs) catalyze the α,β dehydrogenation of acyl-CoA esters (1). One of these enzymes, ACAD9, is essential for assembly of oxidative phosphorylation complex I (2). Studies have shown that ACAD9 gene mutations cause Complex I deficiency (2,3).
- He, M. et al. (2007) Am J Hum Genet 81, 87-103.
- Nouws, J. et al. (2010) Cell Metab 12, 283-94.
- Haack, T.B. et al. (2010) Nat Genet 42, 1131-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.