Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Thy1 Antibody #9798
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||22||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Thy1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Thy1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr66 of human Thy1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Thy1 is a GPI-anchored, developmentally regulated protein involved in various signaling cascades that mediate neurite outgrowth, T cell activation, tumor suppression, apoptosis, and fibrosis (1). It is highly expressed on the surface of adult neurons and is thought to play a role in modulating adhesive and migratory events, such as neurite extension (1,2). Decreased Thy1 expression is associated with the development of epithelial ovarian cancer, revealing its role as a putative tumor suppressor gene of human ovarian cancer (3,4). Thy1 knockout mice have impaired cutaneous immune responses and abnormal retinal development (5,6). Thy1 is epigenetically regulated, or deregulated in some disease states, such as pulmonary fibrosis. The potentially reversible hypermethylation of the Thy1 promoter offers the possibility of novel therapeutic options in this disease (7).
- Rege, T.A. and Hagood, J.S. (2006) FASEB J 20, 1045-54.
- Barker, T.H. et al. (2004) Exp Cell Res 295, 488-96.
- Abeysinghe, H.R. et al. (2003) Cancer Genet Cytogenet 143, 125-32.
- Zeng, L.Q. et al. (2009) Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 31, 118-20.
- Beissert, S. et al. (1998) J Immunol 161, 5296-302.
- Simon, P.D. et al. (1999) Brain Res Dev Brain Res 117, 219-23.
- Sanders, Y.Y. et al. (2008) Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 39, 610-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.