Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- 853.92 g/mol
Directions for Use
Paclitaxel is supplied as 1 mg powder. Store at or below -20ºC. Before use, dissolve powder in 1.15 ml DMSO to make a 1 mM paclitaxel stock solution. For working concentrations of 100 nM-1000 nM, dilute DMSO stock 1:10,000 to 1:1000. Treat cells with the desired concentration for 6-48 hours. Paclitaxel is more stable as a powder than in solution; it is therefore recommended to dissolve as close as possible prior to use. Store solution at or below -20ºC.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT29 cells, either untreated or treated with indicated concentration of paclitaxel using Phospho-Cdc25C (Thr48) Antibody #9527 (upper) or control Cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb Antibody #4688 (lower).
Paclitaxel belongs to the taxane family of antitumor and antileukemic agents (3). By binding to β-tubulin and promoting the assembly of microtubules, paclitaxel prevents microtubual depolymerization and blocks normal cell division (1-3). The microtubule dysfunction induced by paclitaxel results in aberrant cell mitosis and sometimes apoptosis. The IC50 of paclitaxel-induced mitotic block is 4 nM (4).
- Rowinsky, E.K. et al. (1990) J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 82, 1247-1259.
- Jordan, A. et al. (1998) Med. Res. Rev. 18, 259-296.
- Abal, M. et al. (2003) Curr. Cancer Drug Targets 3, 193-203.
- Long, B.H. and Fairchild, C.R. (1994) Cancer Res. 54, 4355-4361.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9527 Phospho-cdc25C (Thr48) Antibody
- 4688 cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb
- 3877 Phospho-Vimentin (Ser56) Antibody
- 2827 Phospho-Bcl-2 (Ser70) (5H2) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.