Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Glutamate Dehydrogenase 1/2 Antibody #9828
|W||H M R||Endogenous||52||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Glutamate Dehydrogenase 1/2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total glutamate dehydrogenase 1 and 2 proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn339 of human glutamate dehydrogenase 1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse brain, rat brain, and Hep G2 cells using Glutamate Dehydrogenase 1/2 Antibody.
Glutamate dehydrogenase is a mitochondrial enzyme that catalyzes the oxidative deamination of glutamate to α-ketoglutarate through association with the cofactor nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (1). Glutamate dehydrogenase is highly expressed in various tissues such as the liver, brain, kidney, heart, pancreas, ovaries, and testis. Two isoforms produced by two distinct genes are found in mammalian tissues. The GLUD1 gene is ubiquitously expressed (2), while the GLUD2 gene is specifically expressed in neural and testicular tissues (3). Glutamate dehydrogenase links glutamate to the Krebs cycle, thereby playing a critical role in the regulation of energy homeostasis. Research studies have shown that changes in glutamate dehydrogenase activity in pancreatic β-cells can cause a hyperinsulinism syndrome (4).
- Blumenthal, K.M. et al. (1975) J Biol Chem 250, 3644-54.
- Michaelidis, T.M. et al. (1993) Genomics 16, 150-60.
- Shashidharan, P. et al. (1997) J Neurochem 68, 1804-11.
- Karaca, M. et al. (2011) Neurochem Int 59, 510-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.